|Sensory Integration Assessment & Intervention for Children with Autism|
|Now in Boston! Limited Space Available!|
The Spiral Foundation Presents:
Sensory Integration Assessment & Intervention for Children with Autism
with Teresa A. May-Benson, ScD, OTR/L, FAOTA
September 21-22, 2012 in Newton, MA
This course will provide therapists with an increased understanding of sensory integrative problems in children with autism. The therapist will learn strategies for clinical assessment and treatment of sensory integration problems in children with autism. Emphasis of this course will be on assessing and treating sensory modulation and discrimination problems. Lecture format, small group discussion and case presentations will be used to reinforce learning.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
1. Become knowledgeable regarding the influence of sensory integration problems in children with autism.
2. Be able to create a framework for assessment and treatment utilizing a sensory integrative frame of reference.
3. Improve observational assessment skills of sensory modulation and discrimination issues for children with autism.
4. Be able to organize observations of sensory problems to assist in determining sensory contributions to behavior.
7. Learn a variety of strategies for treatment of sensory modulation and discrimination problems.
Suggested Participants: Intermediate level OTís, PTís, SLPís and OT and PT assistants.
Course Credit/Continuing Education Units:
Each conference day qualifies for 6 clock hours or .6 CEUs.
$375 early bird rate until 9/1/2012 or $400 after 9/1/2012; $350 early bird group rate (per individual) and $375 group rate (per individual) after 9/1/2012.
Visit the Spiral Foundation website at www.thespiralfoundation.org. For more information, email email@example.com or contact Maribeth Conway at 617-923-4410 ext. 231.
SAVE THE DATE! Upcoming at Spiral: Write On! Oct. 14, 2012, SI Treatment Intensive: Refining Praxis Intervention for Children with SPD, Jan. 20-24, 2013 and Spiral Foundation Symposium: Early Identification of SPD and Related Diagnosis, March 21-23, 2013.